Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa

We were invited to our neighbors house the other night for a play date, or so the girls thought.   After a few minutes of playing, there was a knock at the door.  When the kids opened the door it was Santa!  The girls both took a while to warm up to him.  Eventually Catherine sat in his lap.  She wouldn't look or speak to him.  Santa tried his hardest, even bribing her with a candy cane.  She wouldn't crack a smile.  Then it was Caroline's turn.  She was nervous, but excited.  She was eventually able to talk to him.  Santa even had his list with the girls' request already on it.  Caroline's face was priceless.  She was thrilled.   Now Catherine can't stop talking about Santa and wondering where he went.  She keeps asking to go back to the neighbor's house to see Santa.  I don't know who the evening was more memorable for, me or the girls.  As a child I never believed in Santa, so I feel like I'm experiencing all this for the first time too!




1 comment:

Alison C Shields said...

So special! What a sweet evening!